WMS for Ecommerce
WMS for Ecommerce is the solution that guarantees the scalability of your online business, while also optimising and reducing your omnichannel logistics costsContact our experts
Efficient omnichannel logistics
An ecommerce warehouse must streamline all logistical processes to meet consumer expectations. Mecalux has developed a WMS that optimises the logistics of online shops, whatever their size, number of daily orders or storage capacity.
Challenges for smart ecommerce warehouse management
|Large numbers of SKUs||Omnichannel shopping|
|Unstocked warehouse SKUs||Fast deliveries|
|High order volumes||Multiple delivery modes|
|Low-unit orders||Seasonal sales|
What ecommerce advantages does the WMS provide?
|Efficient picking. |
|More speed. |
Improves order picking times
|Error elimination. |
Prevents errors during order fulfilment
|High profitability. |
Guarantees a fast ROI
|Flexibility and scalability |
Grows with your business and adapts to in-house changes
How does a WMS for Ecommerce work?
- Reception. Operators identify products as they arrive at the warehouse. The system sorts and bundles them into groups from the list of open customer orders:
- Single-unit orders.
- Multi-unit orders.
- Items to store.
- Storage. Items that must be stored are assigned a location in the racks.
- Picking. The system manages order fulfilment as per the assigned group.
Single-unit orders (cross-docking): items that comprise single-unit orders are moved directly to the packing and dispatch area.
Multi-unit orders: products are sent to a just-in-time order prep area. The system triggers the tasks required to complete the order.
- Packaging. The order is packed and the Multi Carrier Shipping module identifies it with a carrier-specific label.
- Dispatch. The system reports that the order is finalised and ready for distribution and delivery. Simultaneously, it provides the customer with an online tracking number.