WMS for e-commerce
WMS for e-commerce is the solution that guarantees the scalability of your online business, while also optimising and reducing your omnichannel logistics costsContact our experts
Efficient omnichannel logistics
An e-commerce warehouse must streamline all logistical processes to meet consumer expectations. Mecalux has developed a WMS that optimises the logistics of online shops, whatever their size, number of daily orders or storage capacity.
Challenges for smart e-commerce warehouse management
- Large numbers of SKUs
- Unstocked warehouse SKUs
- High order volumes
- Low-unit orders
- Omnichannel shopping
- Fast deliveries
- Multiple delivery modes
- Seasonal sales
What e-commerce advantages does the WMS provide?
- Efficient picking. Simplifies workflows
- More speed. Improves order picking times
- Error elimination. Prevents errors during order fulfilment
- High profitability. Guarantees a fast ROI
- Flexibility and scalability Grows with your business and adapts to in-house changes
How does a WMS for e-commerce work?
- Reception. Operators identify products as they arrive at the warehouse. The system sorts and bundles them into groups from the list of open customer orders:
- Single-unit orders.
- Multi-unit orders.
- Items to store.
- Storage. Items that must be stored are assigned a location in the racks.
- Picking. The system manages order fulfilment as per the assigned group.
Single-unit orders (cross-docking): items that comprise single-unit orders are moved directly to the packing and dispatch area.
Multi-unit orders: products are sent to a just-in-time order prep area. The system triggers the tasks required to complete the order.
- Packaging. The order is packed and the Multi Carrier Shipping module identifies it with a carrier-specific label.
- Dispatch. The system reports that the order is finalised and ready for distribution and delivery. Simultaneously, it provides the customer with an online tracking number.